Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wine is Red, Somtimes White but i like them both in spite...

First I am sorry to all my friends and family who like wine, knowing in the States that I can rarely get more than a glass down without a grotesque look on my face.  But I must say after our very enjoyable wine tour (where one of our guides frequently enjoyed making fun of Keith and I without our understanding what she was saying, Estados Unidos+everyone looking at us and laughing=clear indicator of the joking).  However, seeing as the Argentine version of wine tasting is to fill your glass half full of each different type of wine, we were relaxed enough not to mind too much.  Of all the wines we tried the Malbec aged 9 months in oak ($130 US per bottle) was by and far our favority.  Apparently you can only by the wine directly from the company (and by that I mean in person) and sadly i am too broke to send any home (sorry Mom, Spammy, Richard+Charlotte).  With my amazingly adept pallet I give you the following description of the Malbec wine, it was smooth and after tasting it I could not stop smiling.  That´s about all I´ve got.  Honetsly for the majority of the time I was starring out into the Andes as they loomed empirously behind each of the vinyards.  Needless to say with the mountains as a background the county is beautiful.  Kind of a Napa Valley meets Central Oregon and went for a walk with a distant Himalayan cousin.  After getting a view of the peaks Keith and I have decided to take a short detour about 3 hours towards chili into Uspallata where we can literally walk out of the hostel right into the Andes Mountains.  Hope to send you some pictures soon.
Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment