Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2

So far the only person I have following this thing is my girlfriend Charlotte, who also happens to be one of the few people who was apathetic about my writing one, so the rest of you better get on it. 
Today was a wonderful day in the wide world of Buenos Aires.  I had my first experience on any Subway where I felt like a sardine moving at high speeds through an enlargened worm tunnel, but such is life.  Keith and I managed to take in the Japanese gardens where I could not tell the difference between a drinking fountain and a decoration.  We also went to teh botanical gardens which felt like a set for Jurassic Park.  Then we took a nice long walk over to the cemetary.  If you have ever been to the one in New Orleans just multiply that by about ten and you´ll have an idea of the scope of this place.  My degree finally paid off (Thanks parents) and I am sure that I bored Keith with my continual remarks on the Chi Rho symbol, mandorlas, cruciform halos and a short history on stained glas.  None the less I was like a kid in a candy store looking at all the amazing sculptures.  Speaking of which, the romanesque sculptures proliferate the roadsides here in such a way that by the end of our walking on more 60 foot tall galloping horsman served to do nothing more than give off some shade while we stopped to look at a map. 
All in all things are going swimmingly, after two days I´ve decided that while culture changes durastically people are the same all over.  Hope all is well-Love from Buenos Aires

1 comment: